Now that your Sales People have Sales Business P.L.A.N.s, make sure they each have their P.D.A.
Mark Sanborn, author of “The Encore Effect,” formulates Remarkable Performance as Passion plus Discipline plus Action. Without all three, your three-legged stool won’t stand upright and will toss your results to the ground.
- Passion is what you feel when you answer completely the question, “what do I want to do for the rest of my life?” It is the fuel that drives performance.
- Discipline is consistent and persistent effort. How much time do you spend at what you’re most passionate about? How many times do you practice?
- Action performed correctly equals the solution or right outcome. Action, not to be confused by activity which is just effort, achieves the desired outcome.
So, how does this apply to the sales P.L.A.N.? Ask your Sales Professionals these questions:
- Are you passionate about your Purpose?
- What do you love about your job in achieving your ideal Purpose?
- Are you specific about your target market and ideal prospect?
- Do you consistently and persistently call on your ideal prospect?
- Are you focused on the right activity to produce actionable results?
- Do you call on enough prospects and meet with enough clients? Do you follow-through on every prospect, hot or cold, and present to those only with enough need?
The plan combined with performance results in consistent, winning results. Consistent results build a business and a career. What are you building?
Photo Credit: Tim Samoff